Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas on Vancouver Island

I'm a little behind in getting this post out, but here it is.

After Victoria we headed up to Courtenay for 4.5 days. The weather was great on Christmas Eve, in the afternoon I went out for a bit to take pictures. I found this memorial to 2 pilots that were killed at the Air Force base a few years ago. They planted a tree as a memorial and some people decorated it for Christmas.


DSC_0673

The kids hanging out with Bubba.

DSC_0676

In the afternoon we went to a school playground for the kids, but Grandma and Bubba were getting into the fun too.

DSC_0700

DSC_0699

DSC_0702

DSC_0708

Here is a shot where I am trying to be artistic with ice.
DSC_0678

We found this present under the tree.
DSC_0724

On Christmas morning the real presents mysteriously appeared
DSC_0734

The kids opened their stocking and their present from Santa then they could play until Auntie and Unc showed up.
DSC_0755


DSC_0753

DSC_0763

Here is Kyle showing off his construction set
DSC_0766

After naps Auntie and Unc Unc came and the presents began to be opened.
Kyle really enjoyed the digital camera the kids were given.
DSC_0778

DSC_0780

Auntie and Unc Unc make sure our kids have all the latest Canucks memorabilia.

DSC_0775

DSC_0773

The family picture before we dug into a yummy turkey dinner.
DSC_0796

On Boxing Day, Jamie and went to Mount Washington to do some snowboarding. We had a beautiful day and by the end of the day we were both pretty tired. Good times.
DSC_0807

DSC_0808

DSC_0817

On the 27th we went home and on the 28th we went to Hemlock for a night. On Saturday, the 28th, I took Aaron skiing, but after 4 runs Aaron had had enough. I am trying to get him actually skiing instead me holding him and so he tires out faster. In the afternoon I snowboarded with my cousin who was doing really well as it was only his second day snowboarding.
We spent New Year with friends from church in Aldergrove, we had a good time playing games and chatting about our most embarassing moments. I didn't take any pictures though.
So now herewe are in 2008, Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Sara & Jamie said...

fun pix!! always a great time over the holidays!

Cheryl said...

Great pictures Eric. I love the landscapes. I think the sun one from up top Mount Washington is my Fav, that and the very first pic.

As always though the kiddie pictures are the best!

You have two very cute boys!